Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Diary by R.M. Jane

The Diary

by

20744879
John Bridly has been enamored with Paul Duvant, son a of a rich American merchant, since the moment he laid eyes on him. But though the love proves mutual, John is a marquess, second son of a duke, and as such has a duty to his family.

When Paul has to return to his homeland, John’s duty forbids him from following Paul, and the lovers part ways. One year later, John finds a mysterious diary, dated from the last century…






This is one of those books that I wouldn't recommend to anyone, I'm sorry to say.  It didn't have enough historical detail to make the setting interesting, and the romance itself was unbelievable and felt forced.  I didn't care much about the characters, to be honest.
The story jumps forward in time quite often so I felt robbed of the interaction between the characters.  I feel like somewhere, in one of those time jumps, was the moment when the characters fell in love.  I really wish we got to read about it. 

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the free review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment