Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Peculiar Life of a Lonely Postman by Denis Thériault

The Peculiar Life of a Lonely Postman

by

 

22181611

 
 I think that maybe I wasn't the right audience for this book.  I've read other reviews and most of them give it four or five stars and talk about the mastery of the writing and emotion behind it all. 
For me? Not so much.
To be honest, I was bored for most of the story.  While I certainly agree that the ending was a great surprise, it wasn't enough to make me like the book.
 I didn't like Bilodo (let's be honest here, the dude's a creeper) and I didn't really care what happened to him or his haiku.





This is probably better suited to a reader who likes cerebral-type books with an emphasis on poetry and introspective thought.


Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for sending me a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment