Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Duke's Disaster by Grace Burrowes

The Duke's Disaster

by Grace Burrowes

 
Noah Winters, Earl of Anselm, spent months sorting and courting the year's crop of debutantes in search of an ideal bride. When the sweet, biddable young thing he selected accepts another's proposal, Noah decides to court her companion instead.

Thea Collins, though, is anything but biddable. She has learned the hard way that men are not to be trusted, especially the handsome ones. When she reluctantly accepts, Noah rushes Thea to the altar before she can reveal her deepest secret. Can she finally move on from her past, or will it come back to haunt her?
 
 

*Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me an ARC for review*
I've read several books by Grace Burrowes and I've never been disappointed by any of them.  Each book is fresh and interesting, with a writing style that leaves no question why Mrs. Burrowes is one of the most well-known romance writers. 
At first, I was concerned because I didn't quite love the way the book began.  It starts in the middle of a conversation between the two main characters and I wish there was a bit more of a lead-in.  After that, though, the book really takes off.  It is a wonderful story with amazing characters.
Noah Winters is dark and brooding (exactly the type of hero I love) but he is also affectionate and shy.  I really loved the way his character was written.  He was given a heroine who deserved him.
Thea was very brave and sweet.  She has moved on from her past and done the best she could to care for her family.  I'm glad this honorable woman was given such a wonderful hero.  The romance between the two was very believable.
The two of them had a rocky start and had to build their trust over time, given the fact that **Spoiler** Thea wasn't a virgin on their wedding night and Noah was understandably upset.  He is a duke, after all.  **spoiler**




This actually made them take longer to get to know each other and made their love stronger, imo.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who loves romance, and I'd also recommend it to anyone who wants to give romance a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment